North Houston Studio Terms & Conditions
· Renter– Photographer or Client who has rented the Studio, signed Studio Rental contract and has paid the Studio Rental fee
· Studio Guest– Any person using the North Houston Studios facilities as a guest of the Renter
· Studio User– Renters and Guests
· Studio Booking– a block of time reserved by the Renter for the use of the Studio. Session times are 2-hour minimums
- Rental hours for our studio are Monday to Saturday 8am – 11:59pm.
- We will try and accommodate all Renters specific requests regarding rental hours
- Sundays and Public Holidays are available at an additional surcharge
Booking and Paying for a Studio Rental
- Please call the studio and speak to our Studio Manager. They can assist with availability and any special needs you may have. Call 281-939-5221.
- All bookings must be confirmed in advance, no walk-in bookings are permitted.
- We work on a strict First-Come, First-Served policy. While we can provide studio availability, it is always subject to prior rental.
- Studio reservations are only confirmed once payment in full has been received or the payment has been charged to the Renter’s credit card. Until that time all reservations are considered provisional, and are subject to assignment to another Renter who provides payment.
- Personal checks are not acceptable forms of payment.
- The Studio session rental times are confirmed at the time of booking.
- The Renter’s rental time begins promptly at the designated starting time and ends promptly at the designated ending time.
- The Renter understands that they must allow time within the session for move-in, set-up, break-down, move-out and clean-up
- Any part of an hour that the Renter goes over their scheduled time will be billed at our hourly rate to the Renter’s credit card.
- Renters must arrive before their guests to ensure that their guests understand how to proceed when they arrive.
- You may only enter the studio at the time that your session starts, and you must be out with the studio clean at the time your session ends
- A Studio Manager will be onsite to assist with your rental.
We realize that sometimes things come up and you may have to reschedule or cancel your booked studio session. If you need to cancel or reschedule for a different date or time, please give us written notice via email at least 2 days prior to your scheduled session to avoid incurring any fees. Cancellations are subject to the following charges:
- Photography/Videography rentals: No refund. 30 day reschedule permitted.
- Event rentals- Deposit non-refundable.
While we are very understanding about the artistic concepts you might be shooting in your studio session, all Studio Users must nevertheless dress appropriately when entering or using any of the common areas:- Entrance Lobby, Restrooms, etc. Please respect the other users, and assume that minors might also be in the building.
Age of Models
The Renter is solely responsible for verifying that all photographic subjects are of legal age and North Houston Studio takes no responsibility to determine or verify the age of any participants in the Renter’s activities. However North Houston Studio reserves the right to demand proof of parental consent if models or photographic subjects are under the age of 18 and to end those activities if Company becomes aware that legal age violations are occurring. North Houston Studio is not liable in the case of an invalid ID or any other form of age verification.
Studio Equipment Usage
- If you do rent our equipment do not move lighting equipment outside studio without express permission.
- North Houston Studio will provide any rented Studio Lighting Equipment in good working order, but makes no guarantees as to the equipment’s functionality or suitability to the Renter’s purposes.
- North Houston Studio assumes no liability for any equipment or items brought in or left behind by the Renter.
- All items brought to the Studio by the Renter are to be removed by the Renter. Items left behind after 3 days will be assumed abandoned and may be discarded or kept by the Studio with no compensation due the Renter.
- Make sure that all equipment is put back in its assigned place at the end of your studio time.
- General Studio Rental Equipment Included The following equipment is included at no charge with studio rental: Use of makeup and hair Station, media station, 3-foot ladder, electrical power, floor fan, rolling garment rack, and studio chair/stool props. Renter is responsible for damage to and/or loss of any and all basic equipment in the studio as well as any property damage incurred while renting.
- Our studio is under camera surveillance 24/7
Consumables, Damages, and Cleaning
- The studio will be presented to the Renter "AS IS". The Renter is responsible for handing back the studio and any equipment or furniture rented, at the end of their session in the same condition.
- Any breakages to equipment or furniture must be reported and will be repaired or replaced at the Renter’s expense and billed to the Renter's credit card.
- Any damages to the studio facility must be reported and will be billed to the Renter’s credit card.
- All trash should be placed in provided waste bins. Any cleaning that is required to be performed after a Renter’s use of the studio, will be charged to the Renter’s credit card. There is a minimum charge of $75 for Studio cleaning, if needed. This includes damages to the floors due to sliding equipment across the floor, damages to drywall, etc.
- Renters are limited to 5 Guests that you may bring in during a photography/videography Studio Rental. Photography/videography sessions with more than 5 people will be charged an additional $10 per person. Sessions with 8 or more people will be required to book at the Events Rate.
- Guests are not allowed to wander through the building outside of the Studio.
- You are welcome to bring food and beverages into the studio however it must be kept at least 6ft. away from all photography equipment. All non-alcoholic beverages must be clear or no darker than yellow lemonade.
- The Studio is a NO SMOKING Facility and any transgression carries a penalty
- We have a strict NO FLOUR, NO GLITTER, NO GUNS, NO FLAME policy which will be strictly enforced
- No hazardous, illegal, or negligent practices, activities, or substances, and Renter assumes full responsibility for any transgressions
- Animals are not permitted in the Studio.
- Be considerate and keep music and noise to a sensible level so as not to impair the enjoyment of our other users, the studio management or our adjacent tenants for rentals M-F between 8am - 9pm. Live music is not permitted on M-F.
- All outside vendors must be pre-approved by North Houston Studio and agree to the Terms and Conditions listed on this page.
- Renters agree that no alcohol will be served to anyone under the age of 21. All alcoholic beverages expect for champagne and white wine must be served by a TABC Certified Bartender.
- Events requiring a Bartender will be required to have security and therefore charged an additional $100 to cover this expense.
- Failure to comply with our terms and conditions will result in expulsion from the Studio and forfeiture of any unused Studio Rental time and any monies paid for rental.
Waiver of Liability
All Studio Users assume all risks of loss, damage or destruction of any and all equipment, supplies, furniture, props, artworks, or other properties in the studio spaces. Studio Users accept the condition of the rented space in "AS IS" condition and will be asked to inspect the property upon arrival. Use of the Studio and equipment is entirely AT RENTER’S OWN RISK. Studio Users shall be responsible for any personal injury or property damage to resident or third party arising out of or in connection with Studio Renters and User’s use of Studio Space. Studio Users agree to make no claim against, and to indemnify and hold harmless North Houston Studio LLC, their officers, directors and employees from any claim by Renter or any third party for personal injury or property damage arising out of or in connection with Studio Renter’s use of the Studio Space. Renter agrees to be solely responsible for the conduct and welfare of all Guests and Users accompanying Renter while on Studio premises. Renter agrees to indemnify and hold North Houston Studio LLC, their officers, directors and employees completely harmless from any action, legal or otherwise, that results from Renter’s conduct. Studio Users, at all times, comply with all Federal, State and local statutes, regulations, ordinances and other laws and North Houston Studio rules and policy while in the studio space, and to cover Studio Renters potential liability for personal injury or property damage under the terms of rental agreement and during use of Studio. This indemnification shall continue in full force and effect during and after the term of the rental for such causes arising during the term of the rental.